Smart Card Reader ACR38U-I1
With the rapid growth of technology comes increases in electronic data theft. This emphasizes the need to secure electronic data,and therefore the integration of smart card technology into current IT infrastructures. Following this trend, ACR38U-I1 Smart Card Reader Series combines sophisticated technology and modern design to meet stringent requirements in smart card-based applications, such as payment systems and electronic identification, where a high level of security is becoming more essential.
Being compliant with the CCID specification, ACR38U-I1 features plug-and-play readers to eliminate the need for driver installation and driver-system compatibility assessment. Its USB interface facilitates communication between a computer and a smart card very easily, allowing for seamless implementation of smart card-based applications in a PC environment.
ACR38U-I1 is compliant with ISO 7816 and EMV Level 1 specifications. It supports ISO 7816 Class A, B and C ( 5V, 3 V and 1.8 V) cards, including all microprocessor cards with T=0, and T=1 protocols, as well as most of the popular memory cards in the market.
Also available as an option is ACR38U-SAM, where a Security Access Module (SAM) slot is built into the reader to reinforce various high-security applications.
- Supports ISO 7816 Class A, B and C (5 V, 3 V, 1.8 V) card
- Supports CAC (Common Access Card)
- Supports PIV (Personal Identity Verification) Card
- Supports microprocessor cards with T=0 or T=1 protocol
- Supports memory cards:
- Cards following the I2C bus protocol (free memory cards), including:
- Atmel: AT24C01 / 02 / 04 / 08 / 16 / 32 / 64 / 128 / 256 / 512 / 1024
- SGS-Thomson: ST14C02C, ST14C04C
- Gemplus: GFM1K, GFM2K, GFM4K, GFM8K
- Cards with intelligent 256 bytes EEPROM and write protect function, including: SLE4432, SLE4442, SLE5532, SLE5542
- Cards with intelligent 1K bytes EEPROM and write-protect function, including: SLE4418, SLE4428, SLE5518, SLE5528
- Cards with ‘104’ type of EEPROM non-reloadable token counter cards, including: SLE4406, SLE4436, SLE5536, SLE6636
- Cards with secure memory IC with password and authentication, including: AT88SC153, AT88SC1608
- Cards with Intelligent 416-Bit EEPROM with internal PIN check, including: SLE4404
- Cards with Security Logic with Application Zone, including: AT88SC101, AT88SC102, AT88SC1003
- Supports PPS (Protocol and Parameters Selection)
- Features Short Circuit Protection
- Application Programming Interface:
- Supports PC/SC
- Supports CT-API (through wrapper on top of PC/SC)
- Banking & Payment
- Network Security
- Access Control
- Public Key Infrastructure
- e-Purse & Loyalty