Magnetic Stripe Reader MSR213U
The MSR213U USB Virtual COM Interface magnetic stripe reader is ideal for retail, time keeping, security and other card reader related systems. The triple tracks of the MSR213U are uniquely designed to read credit/debit/loyalty cards and driver licenses.
The MSR213U communicates with a host computer via USB interface and reads and converts magnetic stripe data to USB Human Interface Device (HID) USB keyboard interface. It is a Manual swipe, bi-directional and reads high and low coercivity magnetic stripes (300 – 4000 Oe). It has built-in capability for firmware download and LED and beeper for reading status.
The MSR213U is very reliable, and it is capable of more than a million bi-directional swipes. It fully conforms to the FCC Class B, CE Class B, RoHS.ss B, CE Class B, RoHS.
Features & Benefits
- Card data is encrypted with Triple DES algorithm using DUKPT key management.
- Track data output is masked according to a Mod 10 Correction setting.
- Reads Magnetic Stripe cards conforming to ISO7810 and 7811
- Triple track and support for 75/210bpi recording density
- Read both low and high coercivity cards (300-4000 Oe)
- Bi-directional card swipe
- Supports multiple interfaces ( USB HID-MSR, USB HID-KB, USB Virtual-COM)
- Two-frequency coherent phase (F2F) decoding
- Reader status LED and buzzer
- F2F MRD 532 decoder
- Processor: Micro-controller capable of TDES processing
- Magnetic Card Reader: ISO7811; Triple tracks reading
- Power Requirement: +5VDC +-10% from USB Port
- Power Consumption: 35mA Max. in normal condition.
- Interface: USB HID KB emulation / USB HID
- Body Material: ABS 94V-0
- Dimensions: 3.94”(100 mm) L x 1.34”(34 mm) W x 1.10”(28 mm) H
- Weight: Approx. 4.2 ounces (120 g)
- Connector: USB Type A Plug
- Card Handling Method: Manual swipe, bi-directional
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to +50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to +70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90%
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90%
- FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B.
- Meet PCI DSS requirement
- Meet UPOS requirement (current version 1.12)
- Read Card Format
。Track 1: Bit Density 210 bpi
。Track 2: Bit Density 75 bpi
。Track 3: Bit Density 210 bpi
- Card Types: Magnetic cards as per ISO7810, 7811, AAMVA
- Read Capability: Magnetic stripe – dual or triple track of low/high coercivity (300~4000 Oe)
- Test Card Types
。Standard card: Read Speed 5~55 ips
。Jitter±15%: Read Speed 5~50 ips
。Amp.60%: Read Speed 5~50 ips
- Card Thickness: 0.76 ±0.08mm
- Error rate: <0.5%
- Magnetic Head Life: 1 M Swipes